That’s not to say we won’t talk about Mix here, but if you want to hear news from the source or want to get the attention of those guys, that will be the place.
In case you’ve been busy doing other things, here’s what you’ve missed:
- We launched Mix November 11, 2007 at OpenWorld 2007. Nostalgic? Here’s how it used to look.
- It was the first, and I think still is the largest JRuby on Rails app in production.
- Marketing saw value in Mix for OpenWorld 2008 and ran several campaigns for OOW using Mix, including Suggest a Session and Participate and used Mix as the social network for the conference.
- Mix turned a year old.
- Mix is listed by DHH on RubyonRails.org.
- Marketing decided to acquire Mix and oversee its future use and growth.
So, if you’re interested in following Mix, subscribe to its official blog, or if you read OraNA.info, you’ll see it’s already aggregated there. If you use Twitter, you can follow @oraclemix there; you probably already follow the guys who’ll be pulling the strings now, Tim and Marius (and possibly Karri). I’m interested to read their thoughts and have high hopes for their blogging exploits.
I don’t think you’ve seen that last of our influence on Mix, though. Since Connect has a very similar codebase, you’ll probably see features commingle between the two as we work on different paths.
Anyway, sound off with your thoughts on all this in the comments here or over at the Mix blog.