As I mentioned last week, Anthony (@anthonyslai) deserves some applause and kudos.
Aside from being a rockstar on our team, he’s also a rockstar in his free time, pursuing a master’s degree in computer science from Stanford. Once attained, that will be his second master’s degree.
So, yeah, he’s smart and works hard.
So, congratulations to Anthony and his teammates.
What did they build, you ask?
The Move Your App! challenge goals were to build an Android app that encourages people to get physical activity while providing an easy and fun interface.
The resulting app is called Happy Feet. Here’s the feature mainfest:
- Track your activities, see statistics, and earn achievements.
- See your Facebook friends who are also using Happy Feet.
- Share your tracks to your friends, so that they can follow the interesting trails of yours.
- Create your own groups and start earning group achievements as well.
- See individual and group leadership boards and start competing with others.
- Message, invite and challenge your friends inside Happy Feet and work toward a healthy future together.
Happy Feet is available as a preview now and will shortly be in the Android Market.
Very cool stuff. Apparently, based on what I read on Twitter from the conference and Anthony’s report, Happy Feet was well-received. Check it out, if you’re looking for an app to track your physical activity and engage you.
Find the comments.