Not many fixes to report this week, but stay tuned because Rich and Anthony are cooking up a big update for next week. Since the beginning of the year, Mix usage has slowed to between 7,000 and 10,000 visits each week, which isn’t bad but could improve. With any luck, next week’s changes will re-energize the community.
Anyway, here’s what we did this week:
- After we deployed a feature last week allowing the members of a public group to invite others, we noticed that this was also enabled for private groups, which wasn’t quite what we intended. We fixed the glitch.
- We tweaked the tag pages for special characters to preserve the original tag. The special characters were getting stripped out, but now, you’ll note that the page for user profiles tagged with “pl/sql” now shows the original tag.
- We fixed the count and pagination for ideas. Previously, the count was off and the number of pages wasn’t correct. The are now, w00t!
- Ideas posted to a public group are now accessible by the idea link, even if you don’t belong to the group. Makes sense right, since the group is public, its ideas should be too.
- Also, we’ve added the ability to have multiple administrators for groups, as proposed here and here. This allows other members of a group to perform the same tasks that only the group creator could previously do.
So, not that many new features to brag about, but I think the changes we make next week(ish) will be sweet.
We’re two months into the Mix experience. What do you think so far? Are we fixing stuff fast enough? Are we focusing too much on bugs and not enough on cool new features? What areas do you like most, dislike the most? Sound off in comments.