For a “new web” focus group. Apps UX as we fondly call them internally, is a team shepherded by Jeremy Ashley, focused on making our Applications better.
They are looking for Oracle employees and non-employees with experience and zest for new web. From the blurb they sent me:
“The Applications User Experience Group at Oracle is currently looking for any employees and managers who are familiar with website tags and news feeds (either personalized portals or RSS/Atom feed readers) to participate in upcoming focus groups and provide opinions on some early design ideas that incorporate tagging and news feeds into enterprise software. This is an opportunity to be involved and provide feedback early on in the development of our products.”
Oh yeah, almost forgot, “Your time and participation will be compensated”. Read on for details.
Here are the nuts and bolts:
We are conducting focus groups to find out about users’ experience with Web 2.0 interaction paradigms, especially tagging and RSS/Atom subscription. Participants will discuss websites they use that have these features, then participants will discuss how the features may be applied to their work. Three focus groups will be conducted onsite at our office in Redwood Shores, CA. Your time and participation will be compensated. The 2 hour sessions will be held on:
- Employee role (internal Oracle employees only) – Wednesday, August 22, 2007 @ 12:00 noon. Lunch will be served.
- Employee role (enterprise software users) – Tuesday, August 21, 2007 @ 6:00 PM. A light dinner will be served.
- Manager role (enterprise software users) -Thursday, August 23, 2007 @ 6:00 PM. A light dinner will be served.
To qualify for the focus group each participant (employee or manager) should meet the following criteria:
- Be a full time employee for more than one year
- Work for a company with more than 1,000 employees
- Use a company intranet or any other application to update employee information
- Be familiar with tagging (metadata)
- View news feeds, either through personalized portals or RSS/Atom feed readers
- Monitor actively RSS/Atom subscriptions
If you are an Oracle employee interested in participating, please fill out the information on this page.
If you are an enterprise software user interested in participating, please respond immediately to gozel dot aamoth at oracle dot com with the following info:
- Job Title
- Daytime Phone
Please specify whether you are a manager (manage a team of at least 2 direct reports).