I’ve mentioned the group a couple times, and today, Paul announced the meeting details for the inaugural meeting of the Working Group our support group for new web practitioners. Bounce over and check it out, if you’ve not already.
The call will be held at 0900 PST on Wednesday, December 19, and the plan is to have a speaker for 30 minutes with 30 minutes of open discussion immediately following. Paul has lined up Oracle’s Chief Privacy Counsel as the guest speaker.
Here are some answers (vs. FAQ):
- This group is not affiliated with Oracle or any other company. It’s voluntary time for free discussion among people who have similar experiences and want to share them or among people who want advice on common challenges.
- The meetings are an hour every month.
- Yes, it’s another social network. Walk it off.
- No, it’s not meant to be another join and observe network. We want discussion, which means you talk and listen.
- The times are Pacific, which means global participation may be hindered. I have no control over that, but it’s a topic that should be mentioned in the discussion.
- No, I don’t plan to Twitter the meeting.
- More details will be shake out after the first meeting.
So far, we have 45 members in the Ning group, which is actually bigger than I expected. Drop a note in comments if you have questions. We’ll document the progress here.